Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Licence: Our courses are regulated by the Driving Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and you are required by law to present your licence for verification. You must on all sessions bring with you and show for inspection the original of your full or provisional UK driving licence. You cannot train without a valid licence. You will need:
- Your, current in date photo card.
- Correct provisional entitlement for the vehicles you wish to train on
- If you have an old pre photocard licence you will need your valid in-date UK passport to be presented with it
Your licence is your responsibility and Top Notch Training cannot accept any liability for incorrect provision
2. Prior CBT. If you are training with us using a CBT gained previously either with us or elsewhere then you must bring the original with you for inspection. This must be in date, correctly completed and match your licence number. You must bring your CBT certificate to your first training session and to present for tests.
3. European Union and other foreign licence holders: Please contact Top Notch Training for information and advice that will be confirmed in writing to you before booking a course.
4. Payments: Courses must be secured by payment for the Mod 1 elements of the training, or the first payment being made at least 3 weeks in advance of the date of the first training session where possible. Payment for CBT’s must be made at least 3 clear working days before the course date, unless it is a short notice booking.
5. Course length: We provide guideline courses suitable for an “Average Customer” you may need to purchase additional training to complete safely.
6. Customer responsibility: Top Notch Training will provide training and assessment. No certificates or test passes are granted for attendance alone. Customers must take sufficient training suitable for their needs to demonstrate to DVSA testing standards their competence and safety.
7. Language: Courses are conducted in English and radio systems will be used on road. You must have a good command of English and be able to hear and act upon instructions given over a radio earpiece. If in doubt please present for a trial lesson or face to face meeting before committing to a course.
8. Health/Entrance suitability: You need to satisfy yourself that you are physically/mentally fit to be able to learn to ride and be capable of undertaking training. You will need to be already able to safely ride a pedal cycle. We cannot refund if you are unable to complete or fully attend your training sessions. Your instructor will not allow you to ride or learn if you are unable to safely participate either as an individual or as part of a group.
9. Attendance: You must attend all scheduled days of training in full and on time. CBT has a set legal structure that requires full on time attendance without exception. Late attendance on any session may result in your training being cancelled and fees forfeited. Furthermore you may be precluded for safety or legal reasons from attending other booked sessions near in date and again no refund can be offered.
10. Checking details: It is the customer’s responsibility to review and check their course dates/details and any amendments that may be made. For the duration of their training the customer will allow suitable channels of communication should it be necessary to advise them of changes to their training or to verify information that is needed for them to take test or attend a training session. When a customer makes a booking or has an amendment to their course it is their responsibility to note and verify that event.
11. Motorcycle Theory test: Not legally required for CBT training but legally required for you to sit Module 1 and 2 motorcycle tests. You can book your motorcycle theory test by calling 0300 200 1122 or via www.dsa.gov.uk Top Notch Training require you to have passed a motorcycle theory test 3 weeks before you sit your Module 1 test, if booking is in advance or 10 clear working days for short notice bookings. When passed you must bring your theory test pass certificate to all training and test sessions.
12. Highway Code: You must have learned/read and have a good understanding of the high way code prior to training. You will be riding on the road!
13. Eyesight: You must be able to read a number plate from 20.5 metres. If you require glasses or contact lenses to do this then you must wear them for the duration of your training.
14. Insurance: Standard insurance cover is included using our bikes during all training sessions and tests.
15. Tall/Short/Outsize: If you require equipment or vehicles that may be out of regular sizes then you are required to make an appointment with your centre to check availability and suitability prior to booking. It is the customer’s responsibility to assess if they may require a low/tall seat height or extra large/small clothing prior to booking and attendance.
16. Own Motorcycle. If you are using your own machine you must bring along proof of insurance, MOT certificate (if required by law), and current road tax. The Motorcycle must also be in a proper roadworthy condition and comply with all legal requirements.
17. Road & personal safety: If at any time a student shows an unsuitable attitude, is considered under the influence of drugs/alcohol or demonstrates unacceptable risk taking or failure to comply with instruction that endangers themselves or others on the road, or if an instructor, member of staff or any third party be subject to assault, abuse, swearing or threatening behaviour – the course will be terminated at that point and all course fees forfeited. The instructor as a licensed DVSA assessor has final decision in this matter.
18. Safety understanding and risk: Top Notch Training will take all steps to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable course. However riding a motorcycle on or off road carries a degree of risk of injury or even fatality and customers are asked to act responsibly and safely. Top Notch Training and our instructors cannot accept liability or be subject to any claim for any injury or accident you may suffer whilst riding independently or accompanied.
19. Licence and document details: The customer is required to provide their licence number and theory test details to us in sufficient time to allow tests to be confirmed as booked in their name.
20. Clothing: Appropriate sturdy clothing without rips or fraying, and sturdy footwear including boots that cover the ankle that allow easy use of the controls must be worn. You may be turned away from training and tests if clothing or footwear is deemed unsuitable by instructors or examiners. No refund for missed training or tests will be given.
21. Cancellations and rescheduling: Top Notch Training require sufficient notice to cancel or reschedule training courses or elements of a course. Notice to reschedule must be given directly to a Top Notch Training Sales Advisor. Notice of cancelation MUST be given in writing to a Top Notch Training Sales Advisor by email to email@example.com. Notice of cancellation/rescheduling is required as follows: – DVSA tests = 10 clear working days – Training sessions & CBT’s = 7 clear working days – CBTS = 3 clear working days
22. Refunds: All refunds are subject to an administration charge of 10% of the value of your unused training without exceptions. No refunds are given if the terms and conditions set out in this document are breached or not met. Refunds can only be given to the original purchaser/cardholder.
23. Cooling off period: You may receive a refund for cancelling within 7 working days of booking, providing notice is received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your training does not start within that 7 working day period. If training starts within 7 working days of booking no refunds are given.
24. Tests cancelled by DVSA: Should a training session or test be cancelled by the DVSA or for weather/safety matters, we will as a matter of goodwill provide a reschedule for that date for no extra charge, but no refund is due for that session or test from that date on. No refund or reschedule is due or provided if the session is lost due to the customer not attending, attending late or failing to comply with DVSA requirements.
25. No fault non- attendance: Should you be ill, injured or suffer any extenuating personal circumstances that precludes you from attending a course you have booked or in giving insufficient notice to cancel, you will still be required to pay the fee for the training and no refunds can be offered. Top Notch Training will as a matter of goodwill give receipt of your course and confirm non- attendance so you may claim against any insurance you may have. Top Notch Training does not provide or offer any insurance for such circumstances.
26. Special offers: Some courses may be sold on special offers and have specific terms and conditions stated in the Offer of Sale. These if so stated will override terms given here.
27. Gift vouchers: Refunds are only offered up to 14 days from date of purchase so long as no dates have been allocated that start within seven working days notice. Any refund made must be to the original purchaser/card holder. Customers may use their certificate as part payment against courses of a higher value. Gift vouchers are valid solely for one year from date of issue and are sold on the condition that they are non- refundable and are to be used to take training only within the valid dates. Please refer to you certificate for the specific additional terms and conditions.
28. Top Notch Training/DVSA cancellation or rescheduling of courses/sessions: Top Notch Training and the DVSA reserve the right to alter course and test dates/times without notice. In the event that a training date or test has to be rescheduled due to adverse weather conditions or any extenuating circumstance, it will be rescheduled for the next available date. Refunds or compensation cannot be given for dates that require rescheduling regardless of circumstance.
29. Additional charges for DVSA Examiner test cancellations: If a test is cancelled by the DVSA due to Examiner equipment failure or their illness, there will be no charge for rescheduling the test or training session accompanying the test. However, if the DVSA cancels the test due to weather conditions the customer will need to pay for any time used during the accompanying session to pay for their instructors’ time and use of equipment and facility.
NB: Definition of working days notice: Working days are classed as Monday to Friday and do not include Bank Holidays. Working days notice, means allowing us at least the specified full working day(s) notice so as to reschedule. Notice must be given in a manner sufficient to be properly recorded and acted upon. i.e. telephone call and email direct to a Sales Advisor who will note the event on our computer systems. E.g. If 7 working days notice is required, and written notice is received on a Monday, then this would be sufficient for a course or session on the Thursday of the following week (7 full working days in between) so long as there are no bank holidays in the notice period.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Top Notch Training’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 182-190 Northumberland Street, Norwich, NR2 4EE. Our company registration number is 07492281. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.